Parents in various countries got the Glamper van for their kids for Christmas. It turns out that it opens via a small hole on the bottom of the van.
That hole may not be designer properly and causes some kids to get their finger stuck. In some cases parents have resorted to calling the emergency services who manage to get the kids free.
“I am extremely upset to hear about our fans’ negative experience with the L.O.L. Surprise! 2-in-1 Glamper. Safety is a top priority when we develop our products, which must pass third-party toy testing and all applicable safety requirements before they’re shipped to retailers”, says CEO and Founder of MGA Entertainment, Isaac Larian, quoted by BirminghamLive.
“I take any concerns where injury is involved very seriously. There is a caution sticker on the glamper, and although the product was fully compliant as originally sold, in an abundance of care we have now re-designed the button mechanism to prevent any possibility of finger capture. “If any of our fans have concerns regarding their purchased Glamper, please contact our Customer Services team immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org”, he adds.