Each summer more than 2.5 million kids are injured in accidents in the US alone. Often the incidents involve toys. Here are the most dangerous toys this summer, as chosen by World Against Toys Causing Harm (W.A.T.C.H.).
This organization keeps an eye out against dangerous toys. It often has such lists to draw attention to the dangerous toys, CBS Pittsburgh and KDKA reported.
Siff and Swartz said the combination of warm weather and school vacation is an opportunity for children to enjoy the outdoors, but can also be a time for injuries. Summer months account for nearly half of all injury-related deaths to children.
The list features 10 toys and activities with which to be careful this summer.
The most dangerous toys this summer
1. WATER BALLOON SLINGSHOTS
2. LAWN DARTS
3. LOW RIDING WHEELED TOYS (BIG WHEELS & OTHER PLASTIC TRICYLCES)
4. BACKYARD IN-GROUND and ABOVE-GROUND POOLS
5. ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES (ATVs)
6. TOYS WITH SMALL PARTS
7. SHALLOW WATER: BABY POOLS, GARDEN BUCKETS, POOL COVERS
8. Backyard Water Slides
9. HIGH-POWERED WATER GUNS AND GUNS WITH PROJECTILE AMMUNITION
10. BOUNCE HOUSES and BACKYARD TRAMPOLINES
There’s a lot more details for each dangerous toys along with tips. You can check them out right here. Above all else, stay safe this summer. And have fun.