Blind bags/boxes

Have some other really, really cool toys?
StuffedParty
Site Admin

Re: Blind bags/boxes

Postby StuffedParty » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:53 pm

We had those snacks, too... They were waaay too popular for a while, then they got banned :roll:

AllTheCuteThings

Postby AllTheCuteThings » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Do you mean the ones that have objects inside a hollow chocolate for example?
I remember those very well, and matter of fact bought a chocolate several weeks ago that had a hard shell inside so we wouldn't bite into the prize inside.
I wouldn't buy blind anything if I didn't like the odds of getting something I actually like.
Luckily the ones I buy I like almost everything I would get, however it does seem to be a waste of money once you get to a point where you are missing only a few. At that point I just hunt ebay to get the one or two I am missing if I want them that bad.
They really are fun. I swore I wouldn't get into those because the price to not know what you are getting seems steep, but the element of surprise and not knowing if you will get one you don't want or a double makes is fun. I might be hooked haha :oops:

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm

No, not the chocolate ones, they were special local salty snacks made out of wheat. Something like a poor-man's chips :D They were dirt cheap and full with all kinds of gifts, also dirt cheap. Never really did pay much attention to them since the toys were not interesting for me. I suppose they are still around.

The chocolate ones here are called Kinder Surprise although there are a few others that try to mimic it. They have some special formula something like one toy per collection per every 10 eggs or something. I also never got a full collection out of it... I still buy one every now and then though as I like the chocolate and the toy is simply a bonus :D
Stuffed animal collector

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Postby StuffedParty » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Yeah, we still got the chocolate ones. But the wheat ones were banned since it was getting out of hand and they were throwing all kinds of stuff in the bags with no health checks or anything. So instead of actually implementing some sort of rules, they went with the easy way and banned them...

AllTheCuteThings

Postby AllTheCuteThings » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Eww that sounds kind of gross. Wheat doesn't really agree with me, so that could be it.
The one I got recently was called Yowie. The one I got had a platypus in it haha

AllTheCuteThings

Postby AllTheCuteThings » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:16 pm

I re-added my photos :)

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:29 pm

The snack itself is tasty, but the toys were not :lol:
Stuffed animal collector

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Postby StuffedParty » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:35 pm

I fully agree :lol:

alaska.75

Postby alaska.75 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:23 pm

i LOVE blind bags! actually i'm into playmobil blind bags :D

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Postby StuffedParty » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:19 pm

You guys are getting me interested... I might check out to see if there are some in toy stores here :D

Return to “Other Toys”