Do you have any pets?

Share your love for the real animals that inspire our stuffed friends.
Parker

Do you have any pets?

Postby Parker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:24 pm

I've always wondered if people who like stuffed animals get them because they can't (for whatever reasons) get a real pet? I myself have almost always had a pet. Now I have dog that also kinda likes stuffed toys... Well at least for a while before she tears them up :D Luckly she knows not to touch the ones that don't belong to her.

How about the rest of you? Do you have pets and if you do how do they treat your stuffed toys?
Stuffed animal collector

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Re: Do you have any pets?

Postby StuffedParty » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Our family also has a dog but he is not really interested in stuffed animals. We have them long before the dog but always wanted a pet too, so we got one when we saw we can take care of one :D

We were worried that he may tear them up but no, they sit on the bed and he doesn't give them any attention at all, not when he was a puppy, not today when he's a big dog :lol: Sometimes he wags his tail at other stuffed dogs or one stuffed wolf but that's about it :D

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Haha, I see. Well I'm glad your dog doesn't destroy your stuffed animals. You're lucky ones :D

My dog is still relatively young so I guess her interest in toys will slowly start to fade away as she gets older... Or maybe she's like me and they will actually become more interesting to her :lol:
Stuffed animal collector

Deedee

Postby Deedee » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:18 pm

I've missed this one...
Growing up I had a dog for about 16 years. She was great. After she passed away though I haven't had any pets since. Not because I don't want to, but simply I had just gone to building my life and I haven't got the time I think a pet would deserve to get. So I basically keep my stuffies as easier to look after pets :lol:

ZoeyFromL4D

Postby ZoeyFromL4D » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:33 pm

I have a pig and she loves to try and eat the eyes and long hair off the stuffed animals but I keep her on the groud a lot so its not a big problem, she knows not to touch Ted :p
Lotso~

Parker

Postby Parker » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Nice :D My dog is growing up slowly but surely :D So far all is well with her relations and my stuffies :lol:
Stuffed animal collector

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Postby StuffedParty » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 am

Don't worry :) If she hasn't taken a liking to the stuffies when she was a small pup, she won't be biting them now :) Your stuffies are safe :D

Parker

Postby Parker » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:28 pm

I think you are right :D She continues to not pay much attention to the stuffed animals. Even when I bring them up to her, she just sniffs them and looks at me with a "what am I supposed to do with that" type of a look in her eyes :lol:
Stuffed animal collector

StuffedParty
Site Admin

Postby StuffedParty » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Ah, so you and your stuffies are almost guaranteed safe :D Unless you do something really bad to make her sad enough to eat them, she won't touch them.

Mind you, if she does chew or otherwise damage a toy or something else while you are away, don't punish her for that. It is likely that she won't realize what it is for and it will come as a nasty surprise when in reality she is happy that you are back. And also, sometimes dogs do these things when they are alone precisely because they know they are not supposed to. But since they are sad and scared their owner is not around, they are willing to take the punishment just to have the owner come back to them. So they do something they shouldn't because they know he or she will come back to sort it.

Deedee

Postby Deedee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Wow, that is a good point. Never thought of it like that :)

Return to “Real Animals”