Christmas 2016 is still quite far, but toy companies and retailers are getting ready. Argos has published its predictions for the top toys for the holidays.
There are thousands and thousands of toys on the market. Choosing the proper gift can be tricky but definitely not impossible.
Argos wants to help. The company has a great look over the toy industry and knows all the latest trends. It has taken into consideration the interest of kids as well and it has made the new list.
“This year’s list shows just how much toys are evolving – lots of our top toys have their roots in parents’ Christmas past,” said Linzi Walker, chief toy buyer for Argos, to ToyNews.
The top toys which Argos expects to be among the most demanded for Christmas 2016 are:
- Zoomer Chimp (£119.99) – Spin Master
- Paw Patrol Air Patroller (£39.99) – Spin Master
- LEGO City Volcano (£79.99) – LEGO
- VTech Toot-Toot Drivers Goldmine (£52.99) – VTech
- Nerf Modulus Tri-Strike (£59.99) – Hasbro
- Tiny Treasures Baby Doll (£39.99) – Chad Valley
- SelfieMic (£19.99) – Worlds Apart
- Design a Friend Tiffany (£49.99) – Chad Valley
- Snuggles My Dream Puppy (£49.99) – Character Options
- Fisher-Price Codeapillar (£49.99) – Mattel
- BB-8 (£59.99) – Hasbro
“Now they’ve truly moved on, with more sophisticated tech, realistic life-like functions and up-to-date pop culture references. We’ve progressed from the toy caterpillar that toddlers could pull across the floor, to one that starts infants on the road to clever coding. Once there was a baby doll that simply looked like the real thing, and we now have one that smells as sweet as a newborn. And while past festivities might have featured a karaoke machine, 2016’s budding Beliebers will be making and sharing their own pop videos with a SelfieMic”, Walker adds.
All the toys will be available from July 2016 onwards.